Sunday, August 22, 2010

~ My Awakening ~ a dedication...

Today, as I lie soaking up the sun…I found you. I have been sorting through so much since we parted ways…since your journey took a new direction & I have been left to pontificate the “what if’s” and the “wish I could have’s” and the amazing conversations we had leading up to your final days here. I have been on my own journey, an evolution of my soul…a healing, if you will, of my own wounded wings. Yesterday, I begged to find you…through a sign…I needed you and knew you were still with me.

I was listening to my “meditate and regroup” Ipod tunes…specifically, beginning with ‘The Dream of the Dolphin’ by Enigma ~ and I began to “see” all of the beauty that had surrounded me in a way that I am not certain can be put to pen… I thought to myself: “This is the NOW…this IS the NOW that my Poppi often spoke of…and I am aware, this is my “awakening.”

My view was sharp. There was a large “hole” where the sun peeked through the bare branches of the trees. It was bright, almost crisp. The leaves on the trees were “shedding” in preparation for new growth…little feather-like objects were drifting in the slightest gust of wind… My spirit was soaring in complete connection… and I was enjoying the moment, my surroundings, peace. My song stopped. Everything was silent. Still. I closed my eyes and thought of you…and spoke to you…telling you that I knew you were finally “free” and that Gram & Gramps were with you…when, without warning, I heard the loudest Hawk keer … for a moment I thought: “Is it you?” “Nightingale,’ by Yanni began to play. I removed one of my ear peaces and when I opened my eyes, flying directly above me, in the “window” through the trees and through the rays of the sun was three red-tailed hawks…but only one sounding off…it was that moment I knew my messenger was real. All things that I am empowered by in my spiritual beliefs~ my connection to “the other side” ~ it truly was my awakening. I watched in awe…in reflection.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and my heart filled with peace. ..

**Hawks are known for Visionary power and Guardianship, as well as Nobility, Recollection and Cleansing**


Written by: Nicolle D. Napolitano
In Adoring Memory of My Father, My “Poppi”
June 8, 1940 – December 4, 2008

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can this make my heart heavy and light at the exact same time? Heavy for your profound loss and light for your connection still.

SoulSophistication said...

*pieces